Thu, Feb 9, 2012
U.S. Mobile and Social Media Revenue Surged 30% to $45.4 Billion in 2011, and Projected to Accelerate 31% in 2012
Total U.S. mobile and social revenue reached $45.38 billion in 2011 and increase of 30.2% according to PQ Media. Mobile and social revenues are expected to continue to rise at an annual rate of 30.8% in 2012 according to PQ Media’s recently released U.S. Mobile & Social Media Forecast 2012-16
The U.S. Mobile & Social Media Forecast 2012-16
is a comprehensive look at the U.S. mobile and social media industry. This first of its kind report “collected, analyzed, defined, segmented and forecast the entire mobile & social media landscape, providing the most comprehensive and detailed perspective on the fastest-growing communications industry segment.”
Within the forecast, three broad sectors of the industry were identified – mobile advertising & marketing, mobile content & access, and online social media. Within these three sectors, seven segments were further identified including mobile advertising, mobile marketing, consumer mobile content & access, business mobile content & access, social networks, blogs, and podcasts. Forty-four additional revenue streams were also identified.
Additional highlights from this report included:
- Largest Industry Sector: Mobile content & access with 2011 revenue of $39.17 billion.
- Mobile content & access accounted for 58% of total revenue and 42% of the consumer segment’s revenue.
- Fastest Growing Sector: Mobile advertising & marketing with growth of 53.7% in 2011 to $3.39 billion.
- Mobile advertising grew 60.9% and mobile marketing grew 46.2%.
- The marketing segment is expected to grow faster than the advertising segment between 2012 and 2016. This growth is expected to be built upon location-based, coupon, and marketing app revenue opportunities.
- Fastest Growing Mobile Ad Revenue Streams: In-game, search and video.
- Smallest Sector: Online Social Media with $2.83 billion in revenue, but a strong 42.1% growth rate.
- Within online social media, social networks were the largest and fastest growing segment with a 45.9% increase to $2.28 billion in 2011.
- Together, mobile & social media account for 4.1% of overall communications industry revenue in 2011.
- 11 of the 44 mobile & social media revenue streams exceed $1 billion in 2011. 23 are projected to exceed $1 billion by 2016.
Is your business taking advantage of the opportunities available via mobile and social internet advertising? Don’t let this amazing opportunity to connect and communicate with your customers pass you by. Qiigo Mobile’s
innovative solutions for reaching your customers can take your marketing efforts to the next level. Call Qiigo today at 404.496.6841 and join the mobile and social revolution.