You’ve just checked out your landing page stats and your bounce rate is through the roof. Wondering what is going on? Lots of clicks for your online ads, but no one is sticking around to find out what your page has to say? It’s a common problem. Here are a few simple reasons why your landing page may not be as “sticky” as it should be.
- Your Ad and Your Landing Page Don’t Mesh. Do your ad and your landing page tell the same story? Do they have the same feeling and leave the same impression on visitors? If not, it’s likely those visitors are jumping off as soon as they land. Create that “stickiness” factor by ensuring you have created a connection between the messages on both pages. If your ad is warm and cozy and your landing page is slick and cool, you are going to turn people off.
- Give Clear Directions. Do you have a call to action? Is it clear? Be concise and direct. Tell visitors to your site what you would like them to do. “Click here to receive $10 off your order!” Don’t make them guess or jump through hoops to figure things out.
- Don’t Be A Show Off. No one wants to hang out with a know it all. Use an easy, conversational tone that sets your visitors at ease. Speak their language and use a tone that is comfortable for them, make them feel welcome.
- Keep It Simple. Don’t overload your landing page with too much copy. Keep it simple, make it easy to read. Keep sentences short and focused with crisp and concise thoughts. No long winded rambling monologues. Think in bullet points.
- Don’t Rush It. Don’t be that seedy sales person who misses all the social cues and goes in for the hard sell. Take the time to build rapport with the visitor. Don’t demand the whole enchilada as soon as your visitor arrives.
If your bounce rate is high and your landing page could use a little “stickiness”, contact the Qiigo team. Let us help you improve your landing page structure including engagement strategies that will decrease your bounce rate. For more information call (404) 496-6841 or (888) 673-1212.