Digital marketing continues to show significant gains in share of advertising spend. Carat recently released updated projections for 2015 and 2016 showing digital as second in spend only to television. Some highlights from the recently released projections include:
- Digital ad spend projected to account for 23.9% of share in 2015 and 25.9% share in 2016.
- Digital ad spend in 2015 is expected to hit $17.1 billion.
- TV continues to lead global market share with 42.2% in 2015 and 41.7% in 2016.
- Newspapers and magazines will continue to decline in market share through 2016.
- Newspapers are expected to capture 12.8% share in 2015 and 11.8% share in 2016.
- Magazines share is expected to drop from 7.3% in 2014 to 6.4% in 2016.
- Radio (6.6%), cinema (0.5%) and outdoor (7.1%) are all expected to maintain market share between 2015 and 2016.
These projections are based on a survey of 59 global markets.
This study shows that global ad spend is on the rise with only a few media demonstrating negative market growth. With a quarter of the worldwide population using smartphones, increases in ad spend and market growth are only expected to increase in the future. The impact of digital advertising will only increase as more and more people rely on their smartphone as their primary source of information.
If your brand is looking for digital ad solutions, call Qiigo today at (404) 496-6841. Our proven online marketing solutions give you the digital presence you need to drive sales.