Mobile paid search is increasing in market share with nearly 25% of paid clicks coming from a mobile device in the fourth quarter of 2012. eMarketer recently reported the US share of paid clicks coming from smartphones and tablets nearly doubled between the fourth quarter of 2011 and the fourth quarter of 2012. Mobile paid search is expected to continue increasing. Highlights regarding mobile paid search in 2012 include:
- 23.4% of paid clicks came from mobile devices in the fourth quarter.
- Tablet’s share of paid clicks grew nearly 10% in Q4 2012.
- In 2013, US advertisers are expected to increase mobile search ad spending by 80.6% to a total of $3.54 billion.
- Digital search ad spending is expected to rise to $19.76 billion in 2013.
- By 2016, advertisers are projected to spend $24.45 billion on search, with $10.3 billion of that total being directed at mobile ads.
Google continues to lead the field in share of ad dollars. Google’s share of the desktop market was 80.6% in Q4 2012. Google controls 88.8% of the tablet and smartphone markets making them the go to source for advertisers considering mobile marketing.
If your company is interested in learning about the benefits of mobile marketing, we invite you to call our office today at (404) 496-6841.