The 2015 Marketing Fact Pack from Advertising Age and Experian Marketing Services reveals that digital marketing will continue to be a significant factor in marketing playbooks in the new year. The increasingly dominate role mobile devices play in our lives leads marketers to place even greater emphasis on mobile marketing and making websites mobile ready or responsive in 2015.
Key findings in the 2015 Marketing Fact Pack include:
- More than 90% of Americans own a cell phone.
- The preponderance of cell phone use leads to the need for mobile focused marketing campaigns.
- 78% of American households have high-speed internet.
- Statistics for high-speed internet usage vary significantly among age and ethnic groups.
- 8.6 million American homes have opted to discontinue cable or satellite service. These “cord cutters” typically only have high-speed internet.
- The number of cord cutter households is expected to increase dramatically in coming years.
- Omni-channel watching exceeds 50%.
- More than half of US adults are texting or surfing while watching TV.
- Top multi-tasking activities include email, talking via mobile, texting, surfing the web, and watching videos on a computer or mobile device.
- TV advertising rates continue to rise in 2015.
- Cable spots rose 7.1%, while Network TV spots remained stable.
- Nearly a quarter of US ad budgets were allocated for the internet in 2014.
- This number is expected to rise to 28% in 2015.
- $183 billion is expected to be spent on advertising in the US in 2015.
- $50 billion is projected to be spent on digital advertising.
Does your brand have a comprehensive digital marketing strategy? Qiigo can help you achieve your digital marketing goals with our proven lead generation, local listings management and brand reputation solutions. Call Qiigo today at (404) 496-6841 to get started today.